Friday 25 January 2019

I studied buttons for 7 years and learned these 5 lessons about how and why people push them

I studied buttons for 7 years and learned these 5 lessons about how and why people push them

All day every day, throughout the United States, people push buttons – on coffee makers, TV remote controls and even social media posts they “like.” For more than seven years, I’ve been trying to understand why, looking into where buttons came from, why people love them – and why people loathe them. As I researched my recent book, “Power Button: A History of Pleasure, Panic, and the Politics of Pushing,” about the origins of American push-button society, five main themes stood out, influencing how I understand buttons and button-pushing culture.
Read more: http://theconversation.com/i-studied-buttons-for-7-years-and-learned-these-5-lessons-about-how-and-why-people-push-them-110084?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment