Tuesday 30 August 2016

How the Upright Citizens Brigade Improvised a Comedy Empire

How the Upright Citizens Brigade Improvised a Comedy Empire

T thought that I had reached an age at which I could opt out of embarrassing myself in public, but last year, of my own free will, I did something mortifying. I took a series of eight improvisational-comedy classes with the Upright Citizens Brigade, which has, in the past two decades, developed into an empire with a cultural reach rivalling that of Deepak Chopra, say, or Kanye West. One Sunday morning, dressed to aerobicize (“You should be prepared to move around, lay on the ground and stretch in various positions,”...
Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/09/05/upright-citizens-brigades-comedy-empire?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment