Thursday 23 July 2020

Art for trying times: how a philosopher found solace playing Red Dead Redemption 2

Art for trying times: how a philosopher found solace playing Red Dead Redemption 2

Just before the first COVID-19 lockdown started in Melbourne, I ran out and bought an Xbox – “for the kids,” you understand. I’d never had a games console, and I am certainly not the target demographic for Rockstar Games’ work: massive open-world behemoths like the infamous Grand Theft Auto series and 2010’s Red Dead Redemption. So while I knew of the hype around the prequel Red Dead Redemption 2, I was utterly unprepared for the emotional impact it would have on me – and what curious solace I’d find in its evocation of time and loss.
Read more: https://theconversation.com/art-for-trying-times-how-a-philosopher-found-solace-playing-red-dead-redemption-2-142983?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment