Saturday 24 July 2021

On Facebook, quoting 'Dune' gets you suspended while posting COVID and vaccine misinformation gets you recommended

On Facebook, quoting 'Dune' gets you suspended while posting COVID and vaccine misinformation gets you recommended

The algorithm that suspended me for quoting my favorite sci-fi movie is the same one that allows countless Facebook Pages to spread dangerous and false content about vaccines and COVID-19. I love movies. I especially love sci-fi movies, and I love to quote them. But I didn't realize quoting a cult film from 1984 would get me suspended from posting on Facebook for three days.
Read more: https://www.zdnet.com/article/on-facebook-quoting-dune-gets-you-suspended-while-posting-covid-and-vaccine-misinformation-gets-you-recommended/?source=Snapzu

No comments:

Post a Comment